Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And so it begins...

As a child I spent many a weekend afternoon watching cooking shows on PBS. Sometime between my graduations from high school and college I had the thought that because of my love of baking I might want to study to become a pastry chef. My parents weren't too keen on that idea so instead I chose to pursue my other love, working with Jewish youth. Although I haven't reconsidered cooking professionally, I have never quite been able to give up my love of cooking and baking.

Eating well is something that my family tries to do every day, not just on weekends or special occasions. We have our own organic garden and compost bin, we would keep chickens if the county we live in permitted it, and we do our best to avoid processed foods when possible.We eat local and organic when feasible but not as a rule.We are environmentalists with a lower case "e", minimizing our impact on the environment is something that is important to our family but not something that we take to such a degree that we stand out in a crowd.  In order to sustain my love of cooking I subscribe to multiple food magazines a month and read food blogs like they are romance novels. My Sunday afternoon meal planning ritual is one of my favorite times of the week. 

My husband and I regularly post pictures of the food we eat at restaurants or we make ourselves on Facebook. For the last few months people have suggested that I start a food blog to document our food adventures and so that others can try the tasty things we are eating at home.  The majority of my recipes come straight out of cookbooks and magazines with little to no modifications. I plan share the links to the original sources and nutritional information whenever possible so that you too can try these tasty dishes for yourself. I hope that you will consider this blog a conversation and feel free to let me know what you try yourself and share any recipes that you enjoy. I look forward to sharing our food adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment