Sunday, January 29, 2012

Party a la Pinterest

Hi, my name is Barrett and I'm addicted to Pinterest! Have you heard about the newest crafty craze on the web? According to Pinterest.com:

Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
Their description is accurate but doesn't do justice to the amazing resource that I find it to be. There are tons of categories from DIY, Fitness, Gardening, Food & Drink, etc that appeal to me as well as many more that I have yet to explore.  I find myself on it at least twice a day and have created several pin boards of the treasures that I have found.  When thinking about planning our daughter's birthday party I tried turning to Pinterest for inspiration. She had decided that she wanted a "rainbow" themed party so I simply put that in the search box and found some amazing resources! Here's what we created for her party today!
Rainbow & Tye Dye Cupcakes
The inspiration photo for the decorations: http://pinterest.com/pin/169588742187742289/


  
Rainbow Fruit K'Bobs
The Insipriation Link on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/169588742187953549/
Carrots, Celery & Ranch


As you might be able to tell from the above pictures, birthdays are a pretty big deal in our house. I love letting everyone have their own day with things that make them feel special and extra loved. Our soon-to-be four year old requested a rainbow themed party so that is what she got!! Being that this blog is about food I'll spare you all the details about the other activities, but lest you think I go to these extremes in every area, please know that the craft projects that the girls did were all purchased from Oriental Trading Company. To see more pictures from the party, check out my Facebook page.

Happy Birthday to my little one--now it's time to pick up all the pieces and get started on getting ready for the upcoming week.


 

1 comment:

  1. This post is really inspiring me to join pinterest. Though, I imagine it takes talent to navigate the site without getting sucked down a black hole.

    ReplyDelete