Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Survival of the Simplest

It must be Wednesday... In our family that normally means the Queen is off doing her good work while the King is home with the two Princesses. I may on occasion come off as less than enthused on nights like these, but know that I would not trade a second with any of my ladies for anything. That being said I tend to stray from gourmet when cooking for just myself and the kids. Tonight is no exception from that tendency. After picking up the girls from school and spending an hour at the gym we headed home for the remainder of the evening. While our first grader did her reading on the couch, and our pre-schooler colored away, I heated up the soup Barrett made last night jazzed up with some Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and Tabasco sauce (I'm a spicy fan you'll find). The Hawaiian rolls were gone so I cut a slice of some rustic country bread in half, spread some honey mustard on it, and piled some turkey on it for the side sandwich.


The kids picked a simpler fare: Dad's Cheezy Eggs. A dish that is often favorably recieved by the less adventurous palates of the Harr-lings.



After that it was cleanup time, bath time, and bed time.

DISCLAIMER:
The food seen in this post is not my preferred fare. I am an adventurous cook who loves making crazy desserts for the Poker Crew (check back next Wednesday), canning various culinary creations, and plenty more. I hope to "WOW!" you a bit more in the future so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment